Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jimbo


Squirrel Nut Zippers! Remember them? "Oh, sure, 'zoot suit rioooottt, RIOT! Throw back a bottle of beer dun da-dum da-dum...'" No, not them, that other swing band that had that other song. They played here last Friday, and Paz from Ukulala asked me to come take pictures of some of the band members while he interviewed them before the show (go here for Paz's account of the interview and the show). One thing led to another and suddenly I was on the guestlist, because I'm kind of a big deal. The show was great, and I got to touch the baritone ukulele that was played on "Hell" (THAT song).

I've been shooting a lot of shows lately for this site called mel.opho.be. I'll try to make my next few posts un-music related. Look for my Friday post, which will probably be some kind of gruesome picture of my wisdom teeth.

No comments: