Sunday, February 1, 2009

burn & rip, pt. one


This isn't photography, but I can do whatever I want here because it's my site, and because I AM DRUNK WITH POWER.

I made a whole series of these things. I start off with a microwaved cd. If you've never microwaved a cd, go do it now. It will change your life. I suggest using some cd's such as these, as they are specifically manufactured to provide optimal satisfaction upon destruction. Microwaving these discs will actually enhance the audio quality by eliminating it altogether.

Next, coat the disc with something... glue, paint, whatever you want, as long as it's sticky. Then flip it over onto a piece of paper and leave it there to dry with something heavy on top of it. Once it's dry, peel the cd off the paper, and hopefully you'll be left with something like this. It doesn't always work, depending on the kind of paper and what you use for adhesive.

I think of these as an extension of my Deconstructure series.
I'll be posting more of them every now and then.

2 comments:

Pete Simon said...

This is a f**king awesome image, this should be an album cover.

Aaron said...

Either that, or print it right on the cd.