Monday, June 9, 2008

jewel heart



This image started as a digital picture I took by setting my camera on rapid-fire and waving it around. The actual image I captured is only half of what you see. What I'm saying is, imagine a line going down the middle of the image. One half of that is what the camera actually captured. I took that picture, made a copy, reversed it, and put the two together, and that's what you see above.

To me it looks like a chest cavity, or maybe a throat, with a heart dangling by a thread, and the heart has jewelry impaled in it and hanging from it.

This is probably one of my favorite things I've ever made. First of all, it looks really cool. Secondably, it's just crazy to me that I captured such a great image in such a haphazard way, and that I knew exactly what to do with it when I saw it. I like when things like that happen.

10 comments:

Christian Herwitz said...

Alright, so...how to put this...yeah, this one looks really cool to me too. *ahem*

Aaron said...

Ummm.... so.. uh, well... hey, it sounds like you really like this one, uh, cough cough cough cough cough fart.

Christian Herwitz said...

Aaron...I don't know how to say this, so I'm just going to be blunt. There's a very good reason that you love this photo: it's a vagina.

Aaron said...

Hmmmm... interesting, interesting. I'll have to investigate this theory of yours further. If this really is a... what did you call it? vagina?... wait a minute, are you just making up words?

Paz said...

My first thought was "oh, look at that bejeweled vagina!"

having said that, I propose that "jewel heart" be our new slang for vagina, since us men have such a hard time typing or say vagina.

concurration?

Aaron said...

Great, so now I'm gonna be known as that guy who makes vagina art. Well, I might as well give this body of work a name: Phote-ginas.

Unknown said...

wow I just realized I can comment here as well.

I also saw a very nicely bejeweled vageene. In fact, I assumed you deliberately created the decorated ladybits. I guess I should now start referring to mine as my jewel heart....!

Aaron said...

No! We can't allow Laz to coin this stupid term!

Christian Herwitz said...

Well, really, you coined it, Aaron...

Paz said...

aaron may have written it and i may have coined it, but i think we ALL have a role in the future of this exciting new term.

(do urban dictionary search on "jewel heart")