Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jesus at the opera


Inside an abandoned opera house behind the Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Mission Hill. This is a pretty popular place to break into. There are remnants of parties and makeshift hobo beds all over the place. We got in from a high window behind the stage. It was pitch dark inside and I just snapped this picture blindly from the top of the ladder. I looked at this picture a bunch of times before I noticed the creepy Jesus hanging right there.

The best thing inside the opera house was the ancient piano next to the stage. I think I got a picture of it, which I'll have to find. It was totally out of tune and sounded really spooky echoing throughout the arena. I'd like to go back there with a tape recorder and play a tune or two.

No comments: