Friday, January 2, 2009

gasmask & broken hands


The gasmask is a 35mm negative. The hands are x-rays. The x-rays were laid on the photo paper and the negative printed through them. It's my broken hand. I broke a bone at the base of my thumb and had to have pins put in my hand to keep everything in place. Actually... at the emergency room the doctor just set it and put a cast on. When a different doctor checked it a week or two later, he said the first doctor was an idiot and had set it wrong. So then I had to have surgery, and THEN they put the pins in. Weeks later, when it was finally healed, the doctor took off my cast, had me put my hand on his desk, and pulled the pins out with a pair of pliers, WITHOUT ANESTHESIA. Don't ever break your hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it makes for kind of a hot story though, so there's that.