Sunday, March 30, 2008

bride



These two pieces are printed from a found negative of a bride. I soaked the first print in motor oil. After it was mostly dry, I put it in between two pieces of paper so it wouldn't get anything icky. When I peeled the paper off, some of it stuck. It's mounted on a black board.

The second one was printed on a piece of really old fiber paper. I don't know why this happened, but over time the paper turned all metallic-looking and crazy. All I can guess is that it had something to do with the paper being something like 30 years old. It came with a bunch of darkroom equipment my dad bought from some monks, who hadn't used it since the 70's. Maybe they cast a magic monk spell on the paper or something. I have no idea why these monks had a darkroom at one time, but... photomonks? Now there's a profession I could hang my hat on.

No comments: