Friday, March 28, 2008

bro

I was messing around with my grandfather's old digital camera, and I found a setting called "White Board". I'd never heard of such a thing before. This is what it does. That's my brother.



Here's what happens when you take a picture of old ladies playing Scrabble..



You could easily get the same results in Photoshop, but I think it's pretty cool that the camera does it on its own. The more I can avoid using the computer to manipulate images, the more satisfied I am with them, generally. I guess that having the camera manipulate the image is not much different than doing it on the computer. But on the other hand, whereas you can only work with what you've got on the computer, you can control exactly how the effect will affect the picture when you're looking through a camera. That's a big difference I think. I also think it's pretty awesome that I just used "effect" and "affect" correctly in the same sentence!


There was also a setting called "Black Board"..
RESULT


No comments: