Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Welcome to the Photo-Go-Round

I'm Aaron. You can see a lot of my work at my website, aamorris.com, located on the internet. It's still a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely and I hope you check it out.

The reason I started this Photo-Go-Round thing is because I'm often creating new work, and I'd like to share it with you.

Why start a blog for my artwork when I already have a website? Because there are some drawbacks to just having a traditional artist site. Don't get me wrong, having a website for your artwork is great in a "portfolio" sense. You can put a lot of your art in one place, and people can go there, get a sense of what you do, and hopefully enjoy it. That's a big plus. However, on the minus side, once a person peruses and digests your work once, they're not apt to go back and look at it again any time soon. It seems to me that most visual artists very rarely update their sites. So once I've visited them, I find that I don't go back for a long time, if ever. I don't want my artwork to fall into the same arthole.

So I started the Photo-Go-Round as a sort of daily dose of imagey goodness. It's a place where I can say to you, "If you come here again tomorrow, there will probably be something new to look at." It seems like a good way to share my artwork in a simple, one-step-at-a-time manner, and I hope it will amuse and interest any and all fine folks who dare to purchase a ticket to this
white-knuckle thrill-ride!! (note: the Photo-Go-Round is free).

My intention is to post an image a day, so we'll see how it goes. All aboard the Photo-Go-Round CHOO CHOO!!

2 comments:

Christian Herwitz said...

BA BA BANANANA BA BA BA-NA

Anonymous said...

I WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE THE SAME COMMENT.